BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Not Like Crazy

When we first met
I was surprised to get
That feeling
That feeling
The kind that don't wash away with soap
So sweet to me
Ooh, the kind of feeling I need
To get me through the darkest days
For you, I've prayed

What you do is crazy babe
Not like you belong in an asylum
Crazy babe
Like the sun in the morning
And the moon at night
Like the rain falling from the sky
Like the trees growing from the ground
I'm astounded, babe
By your love for me
And your touching me
And your trust in me
Like you do, whoo whoo
Whoo whoo, whoo whoo
Whoo whoo

Even now
I still feel that feeling
Although we've grown
We're still on the same side
Of the proverbial road
Heading in the same direction
I'm so glad to know
With you I spend my time

What you do is crazy babe
Not like you belong in an asylum
Crazy babe
Like the sun in the morning
And the moon at night
Like the rain falling from the sky
Like the trees growing from the ground
I'm astounded, babe
By your love for me
And your touching me
And your trust in me
Like you do, whoo whoo
Whoo whoo, whoo whoo
Whoo whoo
-------------------------------

Jill Scott gets it right EVERY TIME.
Have you ever met someone, dated them, and then determined: "it's not for me"??

You recovered from that situation, declared yourself a "better person" and moved on with your life...

Then, for whatever reason, under whatever circumstance, you encountered that person again.

Of course, you looked fly, had your ish together, and could have cared less... I mean, that's how we do, right?

But, at the end of the conversation/evening/weekend/week/month... the inevitable truth was undeniable... you missed him.


How does that happen? I mean, being a resilient female is not easy. It takes practice - hard work, lots of tears, listening ears, best friends, new shoes, VIP entry at the club and COUNTLESS cocktails - to make your way towards "resilience". And yet, when you see him again, it's almost like he's a brand new person... He is a phenom that you've never encountered before. Your conversations are refreshing. Your shared interests are brand new. He can make you laugh when your day was otherwise bland and annoying... AND, when he says he'll call/text/visit, yet is unable to (for whatever reason), you're secretly saddened. GEEZ! Where is the Single Aesthetic in that?!

I guess, it is in knowing that, resilience is beautiful. We learn life lessons for a reason. Though it is amazing to see him, talk to him and reminisce with him... we are in a better place without him. He has helped shape us into the person we are today - and made us a better person at that. But, that was then, and this is now.

Relationships are, and will continue to be, one of the most difficult life challenges we face. The more we encounter, experience and enjoy the ups and downs of relationships, the more we will learn. There is no beauty in falling in love one time, and then settling. Once we experience the roller coaster that love has to offer, we're able to determine our own tolerance for what we will accept and what we will not. We are firm in our position on how much we're willing to endure. We know how far a man can push us before we're fed up and ready to call it quits. If we never experience a broken heart, we're never aware of our limits.

Indeed, the Single Aesthetic of growing in love lies in our willingness to hurt for awhile. Once that time has passed, we're able to seek out new relationships, learning more about ourselves and new relationship possibilities. I wonder if, after our broken heart mends, we can ever permanently reconcile with the person who broke it? Not that "politically correct" reconciliation (per Hillary and Obama), but a real, earnest, honest, heart-felt reconciliation...

Regardless, Jilly from Philly gets it right every time: what he does is crazy...

0 remarks...: