BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Master Plan

He won.

I had driven (very carefully) to TN to see Dionne. Tuesday, I spent the entire day cleaning, decorating and preparing food for her election party while she worked the polls. I washed and pin curled my hair while I waited for guests (and Dionne) to arrive. Around 7:30 pm people begin to show up, and CNN is on full blast in the living room. As states are called, we keep track in our own makeshift election center. Blue stars for states that Obama won, red stars for McCain. At around 10:50 pm, Dionne walks in with champagne. At 10:59 CNN begins a countdown. One minute until the west coast polls close. What is happening? I have no idea.


11:00 pm. Anderson Cooper announces that all polls have closed except for Hawaii and Alaska. It doesn't matter, though. Barack Obama is the 44th President-elect of the United States of America. Pop! Pop!! Pop!!!



My president is black; My Lambo is blue; And I'll be G-damned if my rims ain't too...

We had to rock Jeezy. WE HAD TO. My phone is vibrating in my back pocket, but it's so loud that I can't hear my father on the other end of the line. I'll have to call him back. We're toasting to Obama. Praise God! He won!

That's right. Praise God. Everybody put down your glass. We have to pray. And, I'd like to believe that, at that moment, rooms full of intelligent, young, black, (drunk) professionals across the country and world stopped what they were doing for just a moment to pray for the first African-American president of the US of A.

The following day was a blur, full of smiles, excitement, prayers and emotions. I was feeling like... like... everything was going to be alright. Granted, I was in the midst of personal uncertainty, but that was irrelevant. A bi-racial (but socially, viewed as "black") man raised in Hawaii who represented the south side of Chicago had just been named leader of the free world. If he could climb his way up to the highest, and most revered job in the land, then surely I could manage this comparatively minimal challenge in my life.

I will find another job. And, I will work two jobs - gladly - to achieve my goals. Clearly Obama had to hustle in order to get here. Thus, I will continue to grind. It's what we do. I can't wait to see what God's Master Plan is for Barack Obama. The next four years will surely be exciting. I'm also anxious to see what God has in store for me... hopefully within the next few days.



It's Progress.

0 remarks...: